Countdown

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Birthday Weekend 2010!











This past weekend I spent with my two oldest friends in Fort Collins, Colorado. Libba lives there and Stacy and her new fiance (David Gene Tapp) and I all flew out there to celebrate both mine and Libba's birthdays!

We all arrived Friday morning and Lib took us up to CSU so that David could see the gym floor and hit up the bookstore for some swag.

Saturday was my 33rd birthday! We had a late breakfast at Lucille's and I appropriately ordered Jen's Eggs, beignets, and had some AMAZING orange juice! My breakfast was an eggs benedict with spinach and avocado - SO YUMMY!


After cleaning our plates, we headed on our brewery tour beginning with New Belgium Brewing Company. Home of Fat Tire and Skinny Dip beer, we tasted the beers for a while and I fell in love with Tom's beer. So sad that I can't order it here in the South.


We headed on to O'Dell Brewing Co where we had tasters - bigger shot glasses full of six different beers like 90 Shilling and IPA.

A few bars later and still happy, we ended up at The Steak Out - Libba's friend Tim's sports bar. It was almost time for Libba's birthday :)

Sunday, after such a LONG day Saturday, we actually got up, and left at 6am to head to Steamboat to ski for the day. The drive was beautiful and I actually got to see a couple of moose - my favorite animal! After arriving at Steamboat, we rode the gondola up the mountain and didn't return to the bottom til the end of the day. The powder out West was so much better and more beautiful than here on the East coast.

In all, the trip was one that I won't forget. It's been years since the three of us were really able to hang out. There's a real beauty in old friends. They're unforgettable, they let you do stupid things, and they're there for you - for the good and the bad every single time.

"It takes an old time to grow an old friend" ~ John Leonard

1 comment:

  1. Good friends are hard to come by! Glad your birthday weekend was extra special, Jen!

    ReplyDelete