Countdown

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 31, 2010

I can't breathe . . .

So much happens so quickly.  Making dreams and opportunities a reality is a HUGE step.  What began as a bunch of questions to Jason quickly became research into international teaching websites, associations, job fairs, and schools.  I filled out the paperwork, mailed in the contracts, secured the references and paid the $$$.  Today I bought the plane ticket which REALLY made it real.  I'm so glad that it's in San Francisco where Abby is.  So good or bad - I'll be able to get her advice or just be comforted by the fact that I'm with one of my best friends and not be so nervous.

I took a tour (as I do many Sundays) of the possible schools that I could be interviewing with today and I'm narrowing down my realities.  Many countries sound amazing, but I just don't know if I could spend two years living there.  But so many more I could totally see myself living and teaching and possibly coaching in. So . . . we'll see.  I just now have this anxious feeling that is all around me.  I have so much to do.  Copying resumes, reference letters, getting head shots, getting my suit tailored, ugh . . . so much.

On another note - I was able to spend the weekend hanging out a little with my cousin Ashley and her boyfriend Will.  I've met him a couple times at family stuff, but it was nice to really be able to just get to know this guy that she loves so much and get a glimpse of what she sees.  They're so cute together.  I'm so happy that she found someone to brighten her days.  It makes such a huge difference in life to have someone to share the experiences with.

Busy week ahead.  Baseball tryouts start tomorrow and I start Romeo and Juliet in my classes.  Two of my favorite things!  I love weekends.  There's no way that things would get done if we didn't have days off.  Here's to February.  Although you are the shortest month, I hope you fulfill my days with opportunity and hope!

2 comments:

  1. I hope that Feb is an awesome month for you! You deserve it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I have to read your blog to find out what's going on w/ you! lol. I love it, though. I enjoy reading other people's ideas...
    So, are you thinking of heading to Cali?? Please keep me posted on things.
    And thanks for the sweet post you left...yes, all things in time =)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete