Countdown

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 4, 2011

. . Waiting on Baby . .

Baby Lucas is due February 20. But I'm hoping he will get here a LOT earlier. As of last Monday, I've gained a little over 40 pounds with this pregnancy and it's just adding on. That's like 1/3 of my old weight! And it's all belly - so my back and hips and legs are constantly aching. He dropped a week or so ago so when I walk - it's MAJOR waddling. Philip looks at my ever expanding belly some nights and just shakes his head in disbelief. He can't understand why baby doesn't just fall out - ha ha!

We've had a couple of showers and received some pretty amazing gifts - we've gotten the carseat, stroller, crib bedding, bathtubs, mobiles, Sony monitors, swings, bouncy seats, play mats, and so many cute clothes I don't know if he'll have a chance to wear them all!

We put the glider and ottoman in the room last weekend, I put up the daybed for extra room for guests and late nights when Philip needs to sleep, and we hope to get the borrow crib and changing table soon so complete the room (stay tuned for pix)!
I've done a couple loads of laundry of baby stuff preparing for his arrival, and I also made the curtains for the big windows in his room. Between the two of us, we've ready pretty much all the information we can get our hands on preparing for this little one. WE ARE READY.

I wanted to do a few maternity pix, but when I went on-line, I really didn't think that a lot of the pictures I found were pix for me. I finally gathered a few and sent them to my fabulous cousin Ashley who takes amazing shots.


So now we're just waiting. Philip asks me every day if I know when he's coming. I'm just ready to meet the little guy already . .

1 comment:

  1. Now that I'm about 4 months out from pregnancy, I know what a beating it really takes on the body! I remember not being able to get comfortable in bed and not wanting to walk across a room! D day will be here before you know it and it will all be worth it! :) Can't wait to see pictures of baby Lucas!

    ReplyDelete